Periodontal Disease Treatment Services
Well, we are living in such kind of world where physical appearance matters a lot for everyone and it is important in many things whether in the social gathering or attending a meeting or facing an interview it has its own importance in a different way. The smile is the part of the personality and everyone has a different one but every attractive smile has at least two things which make it attractive as a full set glistening white teeth, and the proper amount of healthy pink gum tissue to show them off. In a general manner a normal dentist can cure some small issues in teeth but the one who cure some bigger problems in gums and need some extra care then Periodontist is there for the help for the patients.
Periodontists are known as the professionals who use to take care of, focus on prevention, every kind of diagnosis and every treatment of diseases that might affect the gums, as well as other structure which support the teeth in a strong manner. Apart from the other things a periodontist can recognize and treat in the early stages of the gum inflammation before it can go beyond the treatment, they perform a minor surgery to resolve the complex cases of periodontics in general severe gum disease. In this process, the periodontist uses laser or gum grafting techniques to restore the proper smile and dental implants in the jaw when it is required.
How Are Periodontists Trained?
Well, this field is among the nine especially practice areas recognized by the Indian Dental Association (IDA). If someone wants to become a periodontist then he must clear the four and half years and then one-year compulsory internship from the recognized medical college of India and after that, they can pursue for master’s degree of two years.
How Periodontists Treat Gum Disease / What Is Periodontics Treatment?
In the present scenario, a periodontist can treat the patients through various techniques and they have sophisticated machines and apparatus which makes the process easier. The periodontal disease which includes inflammation and bleeding of the gums and if they left untreated then it can be more harmful and the patient’s teeth can be loosened or even fall out. General Doctors may refer it to the periodontist for the treatment. These kinds of disease can furthermore develop into serious heart disease.
The patients are required to visit the dentist for the regular dental checkup for the health of their teeth to prevent and detect the gum disease and for that they require regular dental cleaning to get rid of plaque or tartar which can’t be remove by regular brushing or flossing. This is the main reason why the dentist are required.
The periodontist might perform some other surgical procedures to restore the patient’s gums and other supporting structures of their teeth.
- Flap surgery/pocket reduction surgery: in this process the Doctor will lift back the patient’s gums to remove tartar and to smoothen the irregular surfaces to prevent the collection of bacteria. After this step the patient’s gums are replaced snugly around their teeth to eliminate the areas where there is a possibility of bacteria can hide.
- Soft tissue grafts: it is a process where the tissues are taken from the roof of the patient’s mouth and is stitched into thin or receding gum areas to reinforce them which is called grafting soft tissue.
- Guided tissue regeneration: in this process, the bone which is used to support the patient’s teeth (alveolar) and if it is destroyed, then a piece of mesh-like fabrics is placed between bone the patient’s gum tissue to let the gum grow into that area. It can be done with the help of flap surgery which allows the bone and connective tissue to grow in a proper manner and to support your teeth
- Bone grafts: this a process where the Doctors installs the fragmented bone or synthetic bone or donated bone to replace the bone that is destroyed by gum disease.
- Bone surgery: here the Doctors used to smoothen the shallow craters in the bone due to bone loss to eliminate areas where bacteria can continue to collect.