Basically, Braces & Orthodontic Treatment is for the crooked teeth to align them in a proper manner and according to face structure. The process might be lit bit slow of realigning but can be achieved any time in between 5-6 months or even more which depends on the condition and severity of the teeth. Everyone is required to have the orthodontic treatment and it is compulsory for the patients to follow the instructions very strictly to get the best result within the time prescribed to them
General Instructions for Braces & Orthodontic Treatment
- The patients have to remember it that their appliance is fixed to their teeth and can’t be removed up to the treatment is over.
- The patients might feel some uneasiness or discomfort in the beginning.
- It is required to keep the oral hygiene standard very high and have to pay some special attention to keep the teeth very clean as they will feel more difficulty in keeping their teeth and gums clean.
- It might be a possibility that the patient’s appliance can cause them tenacious discomfort or might be damaged or loose, then there a simple way to get rid of this problem to call us for an appointment on the provided contact details. If the patients feel some sharp, projecting part of braces, then it will be covered with orthodontic relief wax or wet cotton pellet.
- The patients are required to continue to have a ROUTINE DENTAL INSPECTIONS to check whether their teeth’s condition is fine or not throughout their orthodontic treatment. If it is essential to change their next appointment, they can inform the dentist as soon as possible. One should remember that this kind of delay can show them a good result.
Instructions for the Homecare
- Brushing the teeth and braces, the patients have to brush their teeth at least three times a day and it is must, after eating.
- Clean between the teeth the patients have to clean their teeth at least once daily before they go to bed.
- Use quality toothpaste this will help the patients to which is containing fluoride and they have been proven to help and prevent the cavities.
- Use a fluoride mouthwash the patients are required use a mouthwash which contains fluoride to help in reducing the risk of cavities.
- Floss regularly it is one of the most important parts of cleaning the teeth for the patients.
- The patients should carry toothbrush and floss with them at all times so that they can clean their teeth even when they away from home.
- Avoid sugary snacks (candy, ice cream, cookies, soda pop, etc.) patients should avoid all those eatable items which have sugar in high level which can damage their braces and increase their risk for cavities. Sticky foods are required to especially be avoided.
- Don’t chew gum, it should not be used even if it is sugarless gum
- Do not smoke or chew tobacco which can damage their teeth very fast